Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Woman To Be

Here's another poem I wrote say around 5-6 years ago, while reflecting on the seemingly unattainable goal of being a Proverbs 31 woman. The answer is in BECOMING a Proverbs 31 woman. Inspired by Proverbs 31: 10-31. Enjoy and I hope it blesses you!


The Woman to Be

Who is this woman that I want to be?
For I do not know her; and she doesn't know me.

I know I can be like this woman I've seen
Through lives and through stories that seem like a dream.

They speak of her honor, her strength and her love.
They covet her touch that's as soft as a dove.

Her words have the power to heal as a balm.
The tenderest heart is secure in her palm.

Out of her mouth flow wisdom and praise.
Her Lord she will glorify all of her days.

Her lap is a place of comfort and rest.
Her husband and children know that she is blessed.

She walks like royalty-head high and upright.
The needs of her people are held in her sight.

The dealings of commerce she's knowledgeable of
All treasure to spend-she's worth far above.

Of her what I know has raised up desire
And deep in my heart burns an unquenchable fire.

The One who saved me dug deep down within
And planted a seed that would spread like the wind.

Though satan has tried to smother my flame,
And tell me my sins have tarnished my name.

The Spirit has spoken to lies meant to kill:
"Her sins are forgiven! So burn brighter still!"

My Maker has fashioned a plan for my life
At times filled with blessing; at times filled with strife.

Yet still I'm aware of the flame deep within.
So I adorn my path with ways that please Him.

I can be like this woman. God requests it you see.
For this Virtuous Woman-she lives within me.

2 comments: